Sunday, January 19, 2014

Exercising the Gratitude Muscle.

An attitude of gratitude is the winning attitude, I hear.

I believe it's so.

Be grateful to the universe for what you have. Trust in the universe to give you what you need.



Today I am grateful for:



  • My slightly sunburned face. The heat radiating off of Vitamin D-fulfilled cheeks.
  • The gorgeous, warm winter Sunday that generated the Sunburn.
  • The community so graciously, freely extended to me so soon after meeting the new friends I have made at CrossPoint church.
  • Feeling comfortable at this point in my life going to church.
  • CrossPoint, the church I found in smalltown, Kentucky, which is the most open.minded, love.oriented church I have ever freaking heard of. Every time I go I cry tears of joy. I am so moved and feel so connected, I can't stop leaking eyejuice!
  • Ice cream in a cone. Chocolate chunks and sugar rushes.
  • Five dollars to put gas in my tank.
  • A happy feeling I can spread to others, on a sunny Sunday, full of the spirit of love, post.church.service.
  • Friends who come to help build the Tiny House.
  • Bean soup and my increasingly awesome cooking abilities.
  • Massive amounts of donated fresh organic produce, and the mounds of canned pears and kimchi and cucumber mango broccoli salads that will result.
  • Mike and his willingness to take me target practicing.
  • Improving my aim with a gun.
  • Having all 3 kitties in the house and safe and warm and happy with me at night, while the coyotes howl outside.
  • Elvis and TK curling up together and cuddling and kissing like the cutest fluffiest sweetest little loveballz they are.
  • Every star in the sky. Being able to see them all from here.
  • Being small. 
  • Jessamine. Her tender friendship and sweet, funny, quirky intelligence. Love her.
  • Wood for the fire. Warm tea.
  • A kitty on my lap.
  • Exposure for the Time Bank. Momentum building and so much potential for unifying my community.
  • Warm clothes and layers and good snow boots.
  • Soap.
  • Sharp axes. Splitting logs - it is so fun! And what a reward - being warm twice! Once outside using my human body for good, and once in, relaxing and enjoying nature's awesome gift of fire.
  • Spaceheaters.
  • New friends.
  • My favorite sound in the world: a kitty purr.
  • Making meals with new friends. Enjoying freaking delicious, fantastic meals with friends.
  • Peanut butter. Parmesan cheese. Crockpots. Bean soup that *damn!* is so good yet so simple. Did I mention I make good bean soup?
  • Igniting passion in others.
  • Thesurvivalsummit.com and the week-long free survival seminar starting tomorrow morning.
  • Skillsharing.
  • Love.

But the greatest of these is love.

No comments:

Post a Comment