Friday, February 7, 2014

Beans and Sweetbread.

Beans and Cornbread - Louis Jordan and His Tympany Five
An old favorite!

I'mma try to get Jacob and Slugg to learn this on the mandolin and guitar and let me sing it with them out one night. :) They killed it at the Midtown Cafe tonight, while Philip and I knocked down a couple plates of buttered up rolls and drew pictures together.

I went to the doctor yesterday and had her check out my old flu-feeling lungs. Been heavy-chested for two weeks. She concluded it was a little asthma, probably caused by the wood stoves.

Reason #212 to build a rocket stove.
They have almost no exhaust, and certainly no ash buildup, no dust in the house. Wood stoves accumulate an impressive layer of dust in no time flat - you'd be surprised!

Also asked the doc:

"How can I gain weight? I keep losing and I'm too skinny, and my pants don't fit, I miss my ass, and it's WINTER for Pete's sake. I need some insulation."

Doc: "What are you eating?"

"Beans and homemade sweetbread. And eggs. In mass quantities when I can. Because I want to gain weight!! But I just poop alot."



She said it was normal -

Beans = Fiber. Which makes poop.
And Protein. Which creates weight gain.

So I'm just a-trekking on. More beans, more sweetbread. More eggs. Mmm-mmm!


 


"A day you don't die is a successful day."


- Said me, to Jacob today.
After I joined efforts with the ice to nearly kill us in my truck at high noon.


I'll be damned if we ain't still standing!



We are blessed beyond belief.

It's a beautiful life and we are grateful to be in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment